Friday, July 20, 2012

GUN CONTROL? HOW ABOUT HUMAN CONTROL

Below is my rant about gun control. It is in response to a statement that was posted by a high school friend on Facebook who stated that we need to ban all guns, melt them down the world would be a safer place. Being a card carrying member of the NRA i have to say I disagree. Below I wanted to share my point of view with you all because I am a slacker and haven't written in a while and am working on writing something else.  No matter what when another human being dies by the act of another human being it is a sad day for the human race as a whole.

I understand what you are trying to say however even with stricter gun laws what will that accomplish? Even getting rid of guns and make it illegal still will not keep the criminals from getting their hands on them. There is a country in which they did that and there still are deaths by firearms because the criminal element is just that, criminals.
As far as me being punished for something my dog has done well of course I will be responsible for it just as the person doing the shooting is however, do we need stricter laws on car ownership due to persons getting behind the wheel not being responsible when they got behind the wheel and causing vehicle manslaughter? I can get behind the wheel pull into Easton and drive over every civilian there is walking, and it is not just a tool I needed to get from place A to B. I can always take the bus or ride a bike or walk. A car is a convenience not a must have. Same argument it wasnt the person who actually killed the person it was the car impact, however, the HUMAN being, IS to blame for the ill handling of the vehicle. Since a car cant be held accountable in the court of law, being an inanimate object, it says the same of the dog, the dog cannot talk and say well that kid kept poking with a stick every day and tormenting me and I couldnt take it anymore so I bit him. They lack the brain capacity to handle it. It isnt my spoons fault that I am fat, it is mine because I used the tool given to me in an improper way. So I should need to pass a test before I can eat? Obviously this is a completely ridiculous example of what I am saying but it is the same principle of logic. My obesity does affect others around me as well because of this your insurance rates go up, so it isnt my decision only affecting me is the point I am making. 
A responsible gun owner, has their guns in the proper storage container and follow the rules, but the criminal element or the will still find a way to commit their crimes no matter what rule you, I, or society impose on them.
I am all for making items harder to get and making sure the law is followed as long as it is in a logical sense. It usually isnt the criminal element that suffers it is the law abiding citizen that does. I have the proper permit and such however that guy that just robbed the liquor store or bank at gun point didnt acquire his firearm via legal channels (more than likely).  
As you have guessed I am a proud responsible gun toting member of the NRA. I follow the rules and the law as I should. I dont mean to offend anyone and am happy that people are able to have a difference of opinion and be able to remain friends. There will be a lot of items that humans have differing opinions, this is what makes us human. One is no better than the other they are just that....... different.

No comments:

Post a Comment